Why SearchPath of Chicago?
Efficient. Responsive. Experienced.
SearchPath of Chicago specializes in connecting our clients and partners with top-performing talent who can make an immediate impact on your bottom line. From local businesses to global firms, our executive search & recruitment teams specialize in finding the most experienced candidates to ensure your business gets the right hire the first time. Our extensive network and expertise allow us to locate identify, attract, and deliver professionals with the skills necessary to achieve your business goals.
Matching the RIGHT People with the RIGHT Positions at the RIGHT Companies
Years in Business
Candidates Placed at Start-ups – Fortune 100
Client Companies Partnered With
Industries We Recruit For
Need Help Finding Talent For Your Team/ Organization?
SearchPath of Chicago’s executive recruiting experts can help!
Our dedication and expertise in serving only a handful of niche industries gives us unparalleled insight & knowledge into the talent and hiring trends in those industries; making us one of the top executive recruiting firms in the Packaging & Plastics, Biofuels & Renewable Energy, Industrial, Food Ingredients, Nutraceuticals & Raw Materials, and Polymers, Pigments & Coatings industries.
What Our Clients Say About Us…
"I’ve had the opportunity to work with Mark as both a hiring manager and a candidate. My experience on both sides was very much the same. Mark is a trusted career consultant who sees the bigger picture, takes the longer view, wants the best thing for both parties. He has vast experience in matching candidates to role and has a wealth of knowledge to tap in any instance. It is a pleasure to work with someone who values integrity, balances what’s right and is an optimist."
Mark Manka, Director of Financial Planning & AnalysisSociety of Anesthesiologists
"I recently worked with Chris on a high level search. He was very thorough in understanding our company culture as well as the qualifications our team needed. He produced many of exceptional candidates. Chris was easy to work with throughout the process. I would certainly recommend Chris for your hiring needs."
Elena Puerner, HR ManagerSchoeller Arca Systems
"I recently worked with Chris on two successful candidate searches. He was very thorough in understanding the qualifications we wanted for each position and produced a number of good candidates that met those qualifications. Chris was great to work with throughout the process. I would certainly recommend Chris for your talent acquisition needs."
John England, National Sales ManagerSignode Packaging
"Chris is an effective recruiter because he spends a great deal of time listening to the needs of the role and seems to have a lot of solid contacts in the industry Get More Information. He follow ups well and is focused on making the right fit."
Jill Russell, VP of SalesOlam International
"I have had the great pleasure of meeting and developing a working relationship with Chris Hillman of Search Path of Chicago. Chris is an outstanding individual with extensive knowledge and an excellent reputation in the Ethanol Industry. Chris is a very honest person and is extremely passionate about his career. Chris takes immense pride in his wide and vast knowledge in the entire Ethanol Industry. His knowledge and skills are amazing and are very helpful to our company as well as to other people in the Ethanol Industry. Chris is very fair and loyal in his actions. He is constantly using his renewed skills and knowledge to achieve better results to bring excellent candidates. It’s a great honor to know and be associated with Chris Hillman of SearchPath of Chicago."
Alex Shifman, Marketing DirectorCTE Global, Inc.
"SearchPath has given our business a competitive advantage by providing us with the personnel that have the abilities and experience to make the difference."
Tom Trauscht, VP of Sales & MarketingIvex Protective Packaging, Inc.
"In the past, I’ve had a number of job positions that called for unusual blends of skill sets that I have had difficulty filling through traditional means. Patrick has come through on multiple occasions with strong candidates whom I have hired and they have had successful careers. Patrick takes the time to understand the position needs thoroughly and finds and screens quality candidates. I strongly recommend Patrick."
Vincent Lanning, R&D Program ManagerHi-Tech Mold
"SearchPath of Chicago has been a partner with my position vacancy searches for 2.5 years as a manager for BSN Medical. In a few short words, my experience has been terrific! Greg Daly has been the go-to person for me and he has been outstanding to work with! He is diligent in his process, he is timely in his responses, he is personable, pleasant and sharp. His response time is second to none and I have had NOTHING but positive interactions with he and the staff at the firm. I would highly recommend Greg for the vacancy needs and will be continuing to use he and SearchPath of Chicago’s services in the years to come!"
"I utilized Greg in my region as a recruiter for more than 36 months. He is highly motivated with a very strong work ethic. He understands what qualifications are needed and has always been able to close selected candidates. Greg has a energy level that guarantees results."
"I recently worked with Chris on several successful searches. He was very thorough in understanding our company culture as well as the qualifications our team needed for each position. He produced many of exceptional candidates that met or exceeded those qualifications. Chris was easy to work with throughout the process. I would certainly recommend Chris for your hiring needs."
Tina Kaveney, Human Resources DirectorAngleboard
"I have worked with Chris for many years in placing several highly qualified candidates within various organizations. He is thorough, ethical and extremely good at delivering the right candidates for the requested roles. I consider him a valuable extension to my HR department!"
Lisa Teeters, Director of Human Resources
"Chris Hillman is a real professional who “walks the walk” when it comes to executive search, particularly in the food ingredient space. Chris came exactly as advertised, with a deep list of contacts relevant to our search for a new CEO. We had a working list of highly qualified candidates in a very short period of time, and Chris helped us to manage the process of winnowing the field down to ‘short list’, and ultimately to the final candidate. All through the effort Chris was always available, responsive to our needs, and with the appropriate level of drive/push. I highly recommend Chris for your next search engagement."
Board Member, Food Ingredients Manufacturer
SearchPath of Chicago News
SearchPath of Chicago, Inc. is 100% open and filling mission critical positions for our client companies.
Recruiting Industry News & Articles
Employees can leave, retire and some just aren’t the right fit sometimes. Departments can also expand and grow, and new positions are needed. When these things happen, companies are left to bring on the right talent to fill roles. When that happens, it’s important to ensure that you have the right resources to help find that talent and executive search partners are a great resource to have and these are four qualities to look for when finding the perfect partner for your company:
- They understand they are a reflection of you – find a partner that understands that how they portray themselves with candidates is a direct reflection of your company. Ensuring that they put its best foot forward is important so that candidates associate their first experience with them is aligned with their experience with the company.
- Take the time to learn – In order for an executive search partner to be a true reflection on the company they need to take the time to learn the company. Ask them what that process looks like and if there isn’t a process for that, it’s a sign that they do not take the time to truly understand the company, goals or roles.
- Understand time is of the essence – If you’re looking for an executive search partner then you’re most likely needing to fill a role quickly and having a partner that understands that time sensitivity is important. Asking their average time to fill a role for different ole types is a good indicator of how quickly they can work.
- Commitment to Results – a partner shouldn’t be only focused on bringing on talent; they should be focused and motivated to bring on the right talent that will help propel your company forward.
Finding an Executive Search Partner isn’t enough – you have to find the right, qualified, motivated search partner to work with. The future of your company depends on it.
For additional information, please email Chris Hillman or call (815) 261-4403 x 100
Virtual meetings were considered a convenience a few months ago for companies to bring employees together. Now, they are considered necessary to conduct business with stay-at-home orders in place. In the same vein, companies used virtual interviews when necessary for geographical reasons but now, they are necessary to continue the hiring process. Here are some tips to help prepare for video interviews:
- It’s still an interview: Just because you will not be face to face with your potential employer, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t prepare as though you would be. Do you research, know who you’re speaking to, have your questions ready and do not rely on notes.
- Check your technology: With video interviews there comes an extra layer on uncertainty and that’s your hardware – make sure to check and double check before the interview.
- Internet – ensure you have a good internet connection. You can disconnect any non-needed devices such as cell phones, Bluetooth speakers, etc. to strengthen your wifi internet connection. Also switching from wifi to a wired ethernet connection may improve your internet reliability.
- Device – Make sure that your computer is charged or plugged in so that your computer/tablet/phone doesn’t power off in the middle of the interview.
- Audio and visual – Check your sound quality with your device’s internal speakers and if not strong, consider using headphones. If you’re device does not have a quality built-in camera, consider purchasing a webcam.
- Conference software – Be familiar with the software that the company is using for the interview. Not comfortable with it? Try doing a test run with a friend to have it predownloaded on your device and can navigate it well.
- Prepare yourself: Make sure you look the part and that you appear your best on camera. Take into the same considerations that you would for an in-person interview – know the culture of the company and dress the part. One pro tip – wear solid colors and avoid patterns.
- Prepare your surroundings: You won’t be the only thing on camera, your background will also be predominant. Ensure that it’s professional and clutter-free. Know what the noise will be and do not choose a room with background noise (people talking, cars, kids playing, etc.) so that it doesn’t become a distraction. In the same vein, ensure your phone is on silent so no incoming messages distract you.
- And Action! You’re prepared, the technology is tested and you are dressed the part and have the right surrounding. Now, it’s time to impress. Make sure you’re aren’t too close or too far away from the camera (ideally you’ll want your shoulders and up on camera). Watch your body language, don’t get distracted with anything on your desk and remember to smile!
Virtual interviews might be a new concept for many professionals, but just as though you can prepare for a face-to-face interview, you can be just as prepared for a virtual interview. With the changed taking place in the business world, we must learn to adapt to those changes and we’re here to help with those changes.
Good luck at your next interview!
For additional information, please email Chris Hillman or call (815) 261-4403 x 100