Why SearchPath of Chicago?
Efficient. Responsive. Experienced.
SearchPath of Chicago specializes in connecting our clients and partners with top-performing talent who can make an immediate impact on your bottom line. From local businesses to global firms, our executive search & recruitment teams specialize in finding the most experienced candidates to ensure your business gets the right hire the first time. Our extensive network and expertise allow us to locate identify, attract, and deliver professionals with the skills necessary to achieve your business goals.
Matching the RIGHT People with the RIGHT Positions at the RIGHT Companies
Years in Business
Candidates Placed at Start-ups – Fortune 100
Client Companies Partnered With
Industries We Recruit For
Need Help Finding Talent For Your Team/ Organization?
SearchPath of Chicago’s executive recruiting experts can help!
Our dedication and expertise in serving only a handful of niche industries gives us unparalleled insight & knowledge into the talent and hiring trends in those industries; making us one of the top executive recruiting firms in the Packaging & Plastics, Biofuels & Renewable Energy, Industrial, Food Ingredients, Nutraceuticals & Raw Materials, and Polymers, Pigments & Coatings industries.
What Our Clients Say About Us…
"I’ve had the opportunity to work with Mark as both a hiring manager and a candidate. My experience on both sides was very much the same. Mark is a trusted career consultant who sees the bigger picture, takes the longer view, wants the best thing for both parties. He has vast experience in matching candidates to role and has a wealth of knowledge to tap in any instance. It is a pleasure to work with someone who values integrity, balances what’s right and is an optimist."
Mark Manka, Director of Financial Planning & AnalysisSociety of Anesthesiologists
"I recently worked with Chris on a high level search. He was very thorough in understanding our company culture as well as the qualifications our team needed. He produced many of exceptional candidates. Chris was easy to work with throughout the process. I would certainly recommend Chris for your hiring needs."
Elena Puerner, HR ManagerSchoeller Arca Systems
"I recently worked with Chris on two successful candidate searches. He was very thorough in understanding the qualifications we wanted for each position and produced a number of good candidates that met those qualifications. Chris was great to work with throughout the process. I would certainly recommend Chris for your talent acquisition needs."
John England, National Sales ManagerSignode Packaging
"Chris is an effective recruiter because he spends a great deal of time listening to the needs of the role and seems to have a lot of solid contacts in the industry Get More Information. He follow ups well and is focused on making the right fit."
Jill Russell, VP of SalesOlam International
"I have had the great pleasure of meeting and developing a working relationship with Chris Hillman of Search Path of Chicago. Chris is an outstanding individual with extensive knowledge and an excellent reputation in the Ethanol Industry. Chris is a very honest person and is extremely passionate about his career. Chris takes immense pride in his wide and vast knowledge in the entire Ethanol Industry. His knowledge and skills are amazing and are very helpful to our company as well as to other people in the Ethanol Industry. Chris is very fair and loyal in his actions. He is constantly using his renewed skills and knowledge to achieve better results to bring excellent candidates. It’s a great honor to know and be associated with Chris Hillman of SearchPath of Chicago."
Alex Shifman, Marketing DirectorCTE Global, Inc.
"SearchPath has given our business a competitive advantage by providing us with the personnel that have the abilities and experience to make the difference."
Tom Trauscht, VP of Sales & MarketingIvex Protective Packaging, Inc.
"In the past, I’ve had a number of job positions that called for unusual blends of skill sets that I have had difficulty filling through traditional means. Patrick has come through on multiple occasions with strong candidates whom I have hired and they have had successful careers. Patrick takes the time to understand the position needs thoroughly and finds and screens quality candidates. I strongly recommend Patrick."
Vincent Lanning, R&D Program ManagerHi-Tech Mold
"SearchPath of Chicago has been a partner with my position vacancy searches for 2.5 years as a manager for BSN Medical. In a few short words, my experience has been terrific! Greg Daly has been the go-to person for me and he has been outstanding to work with! He is diligent in his process, he is timely in his responses, he is personable, pleasant and sharp. His response time is second to none and I have had NOTHING but positive interactions with he and the staff at the firm. I would highly recommend Greg for the vacancy needs and will be continuing to use he and SearchPath of Chicago’s services in the years to come!"
"I utilized Greg in my region as a recruiter for more than 36 months. He is highly motivated with a very strong work ethic. He understands what qualifications are needed and has always been able to close selected candidates. Greg has a energy level that guarantees results."
"I recently worked with Chris on several successful searches. He was very thorough in understanding our company culture as well as the qualifications our team needed for each position. He produced many of exceptional candidates that met or exceeded those qualifications. Chris was easy to work with throughout the process. I would certainly recommend Chris for your hiring needs."
Tina Kaveney, Human Resources DirectorAngleboard
"I have worked with Chris for many years in placing several highly qualified candidates within various organizations. He is thorough, ethical and extremely good at delivering the right candidates for the requested roles. I consider him a valuable extension to my HR department!"
Lisa Teeters, Director of Human Resources
"Chris Hillman is a real professional who “walks the walk” when it comes to executive search, particularly in the food ingredient space. Chris came exactly as advertised, with a deep list of contacts relevant to our search for a new CEO. We had a working list of highly qualified candidates in a very short period of time, and Chris helped us to manage the process of winnowing the field down to ‘short list’, and ultimately to the final candidate. All through the effort Chris was always available, responsive to our needs, and with the appropriate level of drive/push. I highly recommend Chris for your next search engagement."
Board Member, Food Ingredients Manufacturer
SearchPath of Chicago News
At SearchPath Chicago, we’re good at what we do and the reason that we’re successful is because we have a team of highly qualified and motivated professionals. Just as we’re able to locate the professionals to fill needed roles without clients, we were able to locate the best of the best in the business. Today, we want to introduce to one of our key players: Mark Ragland, VP Talent Acquisition. Mark has been with us going on 13 years and has seen success in servicing the Biofuels, Food Ingredient and Personal Care Ingredient industries.
Here is just one of Mark’s successes since he has been with SearchPath of Chicago:
“Last year I got hold of a hiring manager after 2 years of monthly voicemails only to have him tell me exactly why he won’t use recruiters. He shared with me stories of dishonesty and ineptitude in his experience working with headhunters. I empathized with his experience, having seen the darker side of this business myself. As his tone began to soften, I was able to probe a bit about his business and their sales efforts (this was a VP of Sales for a food ingredient company). Pretty soon he was asking ME questions about how I find top salespeople and deliver them, and I shared my process with him thoroughly. By the time we finished our phone call, he asked me to send along our retained fee agreement as he needed a salesperson for his growing Midwest territory. Over the next several weeks, we were paid our retainer, delivered 3 excellent candidates for his role and placed the top candidate. We have since received several calls in the months since this hire to tell us what a fantastic job our candidate is doing and have recently been retained on yet another search.”
Recruiting Industry News & Articles
3 Reasons to Streamline Your Hiring Process
How to Streamline Your Hiring Process
Ensuring the process of finding, vetting and onboarding new talent is speedy and efficient is important to not only the bottom line but also in employee satisfaction. The first impression is key to getting off on the right foot and ultimately helping with employee retention. Below are some tips to help streamline your process:
- Update Job Descriptions – Even though you may not be hiring for all positions all of the time, it’s important to regularly update job descriptions as roles evolve. This ensures that when the need arises to fill a specific role, you don’t have to spend creating a job description but rather just review and refine.
- Necessary People Involved – Depending on the level of the position, the number of people involved in the process may differ. For each role, determining the right people is just as important as determining the number of people. Too many people involved can severely slow down the process. Not only does it complicate scheduling interviews but all complicates the feedback loop and the timing of the decision. Narrowing down the number of people involved helps expedite the time from beginning to hire.
- Utilizing a Search Firm – An executive search firm is skilled at sourcing across all levels and openings. Partners like this help control cost, timeliness, process and allows internal teams to focus on their day-to-day responsibilities.
- Find Top Talent – One definite way to expedite the hiring process is to not have to weed through unqualified applicants by using an executive search firm to source top talent. Using traditional methods will fill the funnel with candidates but search partners will help bring the top talent to the top of the funnel quickly.
Accelerating the hiring process is not only beneficial to the candidates but also to the company. Providing candidates with an experience that allows them to know what’s going on with good communication and little wait time provides an excellent first impression. For any company, it’s imperative to fill positions as quickly as possible with qualified professionals.
For additional information, please email Chris Hillman or call (815) 261-4403 x 100
Hiring top talent isn’t something to be taken lightly or even done on a whim. There are many factors that to consider during the process as a whole such as: the job title, who is the hiring manager, what does the team structure look like, what skills are most important, when do you need them hired by, etc. Typically, the ‘when do you need them hired by’ is what dictates the timeline of the hire. However, there are other reasons to ensure that the hiring process is quick and efficient and those are:
- Productivity Loss: – All companies have goals that they are striving for and if a company is hiring for a position it means that the position is needed in order to achieve those goals. Meeting those goals cannot be realized while those significant positions are sitting unfilled because overall productivity is not firing on all expected cylinders. Ensuring that the interview process is quick an efficient, ensures that productivity is at its peak even sooner.
- Competition – Competition for top talent is thick. One keyway to keep top talent out of the company is by making the interviewing process too lengthy. If your company wants them, it’s fairly probable that so do your competitors. If they can get through the interviewing process is half the time, it’s likely that candidates won’t wait around and you’ll let them slip through your fingertips.
- First Impressions – If the process is too slow, unorganized or has a lack of urgency to it, it can give candidates the wrong impression. Candidates want to feel wanted and needed and feel like they are making a good decision to join a new company. They want to know that they are making a jump to a company that has it together. If their first impression is that you don’t, it may make them jump ship before you truly have a chance to bring them onboard.
Ensuring the process of finding, vetting and onboarding new talent is speedy and efficient is important to not only the bottom line but also in employee satisfaction. The first impression is key to getting off on the right foot and ultimately helping with employee retention.
For additional information, please email Chris Hillman or call (815) 261-4403 x 100