12 WAYS TO FIND SALES TALENT (PASSIVE CANDIDATES)
BY CHRIS HILLMAN, EXECUTIVE RECRUITER
Sales opportunities in the manufacturing industry are on the rebound. The days of locating great talent on job boards are over! From the perspective of a Talent Acquisition specialist, there are 7 key areas to focus on when looking for your next superstar,
– Trade shows – set up appointments prior to a show and have an offsite meeting with candidates so confidentiality is respected.
– Organizations – An example might be the IFT. This is a terrific venue for meeting new talent in a social environment.
– The bench – all companies need to consider investing in a recent graduate pool. This will ensure that when an opening comes about……your firm has a plug and play with zero downtime.
– Competition – as always, keep a list of your competitors and who is in each position. These people can step in and make an immediate impact. You will need an attractive package to entice them.
– Company reputation – the last person you interviewed might be your next boss. Treat everyone as family.
– Distribution channels – Always be watching the movers and shakers from your key distributors and Rep. Firms.Watch Full Movie Online Streaming Online and Download
– Publications– watch those trade magazines for who is climbing the ladder, who moved from company A to B, which companies are downsizing and which people are getting exposure.
– Annual directories – Each year and annual directory is published that points out exactly who competes with who. Why not tap in?
– Websites – Many companies list distributors, Rep. Firms and their direct employees on their website. Take advantage of the resource.
– Vendor training events – Most manufacturers have training seminars where networking can take place.
– Ex employers – keep your rolodex up to date with people have you have worked with in the past. They also know industry specific Executive Recruiters.
– Linked In – a gem indeed. Why not link up with industry peers and join industry groups?
For a free in house workshop detailing and exhaustive list of ideas, please contact:
Chris Hillman, President, SearchPath of Chicago
(815) 261-4403 x 100
Talent Acquisition Professionals