Have You Highlighted Potential Benefits & Perks Within Your HVAC Company?
When evaluating potential new positions in the HVAC Industry, companies and candidates need to highlight unique attributes that will set them apart. Have you ever separated out your potential benefits vs. perks? Benefits typically relate to monetary values that benefit the employee and characteristically come as non-wage compensation. On the other hand, there are perks that are offers that are above-and-beyond the standard offerings. The benefits and perks are very persuading factors when trying to attract potential employees.
Top benefits offered to employees in the HVAC Industry
- Retirement plans: These plans can not only help employees plan for the future but can also motivate an employee to stay with their company.
- Maternity/paternity leave: Employees who feel as though they have the freedom to start and grow their family show an appreciation for a work-life balance and is valued by employees.
- Healthcare: Typically covers medical, vision, dental and possibly life insurance for an employee and their family.
- Transportation reimbursement: If the job requires travel, travel reimbursement is a nice-to-have for employees so it’s not coming out of pocket. Even if it were just offering partial reimbursement, it would go a long way.
- Paid time off: Personal time off is pretty standard for all employees to reduce exhaustion.
Top perks that help persuade and retain employees in the HVAC Industry
- Tuition reimbursement/training: Show that you care about the employee’s long-term goals by offering financial assistance. They grow their skills and in turn potentially grow with the company and become a loyal employee.
- Gym/health club: Not only are you investing in your employee’s health but with increased health comes improved efficiency and mental clarity.
- Mobility: Work-from-home is what comes to mind which is a great options for some positions. In general, have you ever thought that where someone works in the office might make a difference? Maybe learn from General Mills who allows their team to pick the place that works for them within the office.
- Free food: Who doesn’t love free food? There are so many extremes to this perk; some offer every meal for free while others offer snacks or a meal a week. Either way, it’s great to encourage uninterrupted work.
- Dress code: Not everybody Play Store App likes to wear a suit everyday and this may persuade those series but casual workers.
Obviously, not all of these are obtainable but they are good start to seeing what might fit into your company’s culture and align with their beliefs. What benefit or perk have you been persuaded by in the past? Share your must-haves and even your nice-to-haves in the comments.
For additional information, please email Steve Fugatt or call (815) 261-4403 x 111 or email Steve Fugatt