The EHS Director is directly responsible for providing the leadership for the environmental and safety initiatives for all Seaboard Energy locations with the development, implementation, review, audit, promotion and revision of the safety and environmental management policies and systems ensuring continued compliance with local, state and federal agencies (e.g. OSHA, EPA). Communicate routinely with corporate Sr Environmental Director.
• Evaluate events and operational results and respond by developing and implementing policies, procedures and training programs.
• Develop and manage the revision and coordination of all PSM and RMP program elements including: Employee Participation Plans, Written Process Safety Information, Process Hazard Analyses, Written Operating Procedures, Training and Documentation, Pre-startup Safety Review, Management of Change, Incident Investigation and Compliance Audits.
• Manage record keeping, reporting, and analysis for above programs.
• Provide leadership and guidance for Federal and State PSM and RMP program elements to ensure consistency throughout the Seaboard Energy facilities.
• Monitor compliance progress and encourage timely completion of requirements.
• Provide technical expertise, guidance, and assistance to reduce risk and provide for a safe work environment.
• Evaluate site events and operational results and then respond with Company policies, procedures revisions and training implementation.
• Lead and participate in circuit PSM compliance audits. Review ongoing program elements to ensure that they are being followed and any required documentation is properly updated and filed. Provide evaluations of on-going programs to management as required.
• Ensure that corrective actions stemming from compliance audits are properly scheduled and implemented in a timely manner.
• Communicate and coordinate all testing with appropriate state agencies and state inspectors.
• Must be aware of current changes in regulations and industry updates related to the Renewable Fuels Industry. Communicate appropriate information to management and ensure that all Company policies and procedures are kept current.
• Oversees the safety programs for all locations with 2 direct reports in those locations.