Coordinate all activities correlated to the Quality and Food Safety System. Act as a Technical support helping customers to optimize the use of our film. Perform lab analysis, inspection and audits that will help to provide better service to customers. Support Quality, Sales, and Customer Service to address, diagnose and respond to customer inquiries regarding quality and service.
Contact: Patrick Reedy
email@example.com 815 261 4403 x108
IMPROVE THE QUALITY AND FOOD SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (50%)
• Support all activities correlated to Quality and Food Safety management system to achieve all certifications required (ex.: ISO 9000, GFSI certification as FSSC 22000, AIB inspection), including but not limited to Risk assessment, pre-requisite programs.
• Assist the quality team to prepare reports and communication with all interested parties related to the Quality and Food Safety System.
• Review procedure, process, and routines to improve process with the objective of establish an operational excellence in according with the standards chose and defined by the company.
• Plan and develop a training schedule to guarantee that all employees hit the minimum training needed to understand and follow the Quality and Food Safety management system.
• Support all areas to develop the risk assessments (HACCP, SWOT, FMEA, etc.) and action plan to address it.
• Provide and oversee, inspections activities for the Quality and Food safety system.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT AND SERVICE TO OUR CUSTOMERS (30%)
• Plan and maintain a visit/meeting schedule with customers with the objective of being proactive to customer needs and quality issues.
• Support customers with problem solving regarding the use of products and services.
• Establish, maintain, and/or increase relationship with co-suppliers such as manufactures of trays, sealers, inks, adhesives, etc.
• Design and perform lab analysis, understand technical data and lab results to support answers and reports to our customer.
• Perform demonstrations and trainings for customers and employees related to our films.
IMPROVE THE QUALITY OF OUR PRODUCTS AND SERVICE (20%)
• Support customer with problem solving regarding the use of products and services, participating in customer complaint investigations and oversee completion of the actions to prevent recurrence.
• Keep lab updated and recommend necessary CAPEX for it.
Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical, electrical, chemical, packaging, or industrial/Production Engineering
Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office. HACCP, Internal Auditor (ISO 9000or FSSC 22000), Food Defense Coordinator. Lean six sigma (green belt).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills to write technical reports and lead meetings with customer/internal team.
• Ability to use strong analytical, data analysis, and leadership skills to quantify problems and drive solutions using problem-solving tools.
• Experience with GFSI certification, FDA (FSMA), GMP, HACCP and other regulatory and industry guidelines and requirements
• Familiarity on Lab routines and performing analysis.
• Ability to travel as business requires to visit customers and discuss technical issues.
• Good working knowledge of statistical process control, Six-sigma green or black belt training is desirable.
• Proven experience in product development or similar is desirable.
• Ability to plan, develop and executing training.
• Ability to speak in public.