- Must follow all Safety and OSHA procedures set forth by the company.
- Must be able to apply mathematical concepts.
- Must be able to handle high pressure and crisis situations.
- Ability to apply proven problem solving and decision-making using good judgment and excellent follow-through skills. Must be able to handle stress related to pressure to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, organization and oral/written communication skills. A positive attitude, high integrity and high degree of professionalism. A leader by example.
- Computer experience, including Windows and Microsoft Office.
- Willingness to show support for company’s unique people-oriented culture.
- Ability to build a rapport with all employees and inspire employee and management confidence.
- Be a positive role model and promote continual improvement through motivation of staff.
- Ability to communicate with other departments.
1. Safety and Health
• Maintain a safety training and policy program fully compliant with all OSHA requirements.
• Maintain a site reporting program that meets all required regulations and policies (OSHA, Insurance, inter-Company, etc.).
• Continuously work with site Supervision and Engineering to identify any safety hazards and monitor and improve the safe working conditions of all processes. Fully investigate and develop corrective and preventative actions for any safety incident.
• Maintain a fully compliant “Right to Know” policy and procedures to assure full MSDS compliance, required reporting and minimized exposure potential.
• Serve as a key participant in the site’s “ART” team, evaluating potential new raw materials for all health, safety, and process issues.
• Maintain Personal Protection Equipment program to assure employee safety is maximized and that all chemical exposure levels are below regulatory requirements.
• Maintain a fully compliant Industrial Hygiene program that monitors all relevant chemical exposure levels and determines compliance and required improvements.
• Responsible for preparing Safety Data Sheets (SDS) for HCA end products.
• Maintain a fully compliant operating permit program that addresses all air, water and waste regulations.
• Maintain an Emergency Response program that meets regulations and best practice in the event of a site emergency.
• Maintain a fully compliant environmental reporting program that meets all Federal, State and Local regulations, as well as HCA policy.
• Responsible for preparing SARA 313 reports as well as any other report related to toxic chemical inventories.
• Continuously work with all departments and outside contractors as required to develop sustainable processes, policies, and procedures to minimize and eliminate waste streams when possible.
3. Process Improvement
• Leads and or supports process improvement activities through use of Lean Manufacturing efforts.
• Supports in development of capital projects budget to assure continuous process improvements, ROI, and new process development.
• Maximizes equipment and process utilization through TPM activities.
• Assists maintenance engineer with improving preventive maintenance systems via the QMS platform.
• Develops department goals and objectives in line with the organization’s goals and overall success.
• Dotted line responsibility for maintenance procedures and programs.
Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.