Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a motivated and creative professional like you to join the Food and Bioenergy team. In this role, you will report to the Head of the Bioenergy business and closely interface with R&D and commercial teams to design new product concepts that solve challenging problems facing the 1st generation bioenergy market.
As an Applications Manager, you will be responsible for building a high performing team to advance new enzyme product opportunities for (CLIENT). This role spans the entire application development cycle; from cultivating a deep molecular level understanding of the application including starch, biochemical, chemical, yeast metabolism, fermentation, and separations technology interactions, to defining technical opportunities, technical success criteria, and value proposition translation.
For further information, contact : ”Mark Ragland email@example.com
Formula for Success
• Leveraging your educational background in Starch Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Fermentation, or related discipline combined with your experience in the enzyme industry and/ or bioethanol, you will use your application understanding to deconstruct real processes conditions into bench scale application tests and assays that meaningfully predict industry relevant outcomes. You will also use this knowledge and experience to identify system bottlenecks and performance gaps.
• Successfully engaging inside and outside of the organization, you will work closely with (CLIENT) customers and R&D scientists to match market needs to technologies. You will work closely with the commercial teams to ideate, define, test, and advise on attractive product concepts from the technical perspective which include opportunity definition, target product profile and value proposition translation. Candidate should have experience interacting with customers.
• Driving pipeline execution, you will technically support early stage abstract proof of concept projects and creative design of experiment.
• Being action oriented with an entrepreneurial mindset, you will foster creative solution finding and collaborate closely with R&D to develop strong technical product strategies.
• Utilizing your scientific rigor and critical thinking skills, you will ensure that experimental design is of high quality and is highly efficient in order to rapidly uncover new opportunities.
• Your ability to lead a diverse highly skilled team will be a valued asset as you drive ideas into reality; incubating and shepherding new and early-stage projects.
• Your influential and effective communication style and presentation skills will be necessary when you engage with customers.
• Your relentless and high energy working style, as well as your sense of humor, will serve you well in your day-to-day work.