13 Ways To Attract The Most Productive Packaging Materials Sales Managers, By Expert Chris Hillman
Packaging sales professionals and Account Executives looking for new employment and job searcheshave several criteria which they consider. It is important to remember that passive talent need to be treated much different than an out of work – unemployed candidate.
- 1. Capacity of product. Are the plants equipped for additional business or maxed out?
- 2. Compensation structure – the best Sales Managers use a Talent Acquisition Professionalto evaluate the compensation plans. They tend to look for performance based programs centered around individual performance rather than company or division performance.
- 3. Territory: Is the Sales Representative starting in a virgin territory with little or no brand recognition or some established business to work from.
- 4. Automobile plan – A company car or car allowance are preferred. The days of paying mileage are over.
- 5. Job Opportunity – Is the market saturated with compensation or is there room for market share.
- 6. Benefits package – Job Placement professionals suggest a benefits program where health packages start immediately with a 401k contribution.
- 7. The Hiring Manager– does your firm have a hiring manager who can sell the company or simply a Human Resource person asking standard – meaningless questions.
- 8. Timing – Candidates look for companies who can make decisions. The longer an interview process takes demonstrates that this is how other internal decisions will be made
- 9. As an interviewer, you want to insure that the candidate; Can do the job? Will do the job? Will do the job long term? And its part of their core nature.
- 10. Have a 30, 60, 90 and 1 year strategy and goals for the person being hired.
- 11. Leads – Let’s get them off on the right foot by providing some targets or existing clients.
- 12. Clear quarterly goals: set the standards, help with the strategy and tactics to reach the goal.
- 13. Keep your promises and appointments – don’t be late and don’t reschedule. Do make the scheduling of the interview easy. Book travel for candidates and have agendas prepared.
For a free hiring consultation and strategy, please contact:
Chris Hillman, President, SearchPath International of Chicago
(815) 261-4403 x 100
Talent Acquisition Professionals