Manufacturing Jobs on the Rise
As with every new administration, uncertainty is common. Will they continue down the path of the administration before them or will they attempt to carve a new one. One major area of uncertainty from the latest election was keeping jobs in the U.S. and everyone was wondering, would it be true? Manufacturing jobs are on the rise!
Here are a few 2017 announcements:
- Toyota announces a $1.33 billion investment in Kentucky plant
- Ford will invest $1.2 billion in three manufacturing facilities in Michigan
- GM announces 900 new/retained jobs in Michigan over the next 12 months
- ExxonMobil will invest #20 billion to expand manufacturing in U.S. Gulf region
- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles announce $1 billion in new investment and 2,000 new jobs
Whether these plans were in the works prior to the new administration or were due in part to the new administration, one thing is clear, we’re on the right track to keep and create manufacturing jobs in the US. It’s one thing to find qualified candidates when the pool is full due to a lack of jobs, but what happens when more jobs are created and fewer people are looking for employment? A struggle. Now, finding skilled workers is going to be more difficult. Partnering with executive search professional is imperative to identify and attract the right talent to help grow your business.
Manufacturing jobs in the states are on the rise – do you have the right talent?
Chris Hillman, Packaging Recruiter
email: Chris Hillman
Telephone: (815) 261-4403 x 100