Why SearchPath of Chicago?
Efficient. Responsive. Experienced.
SearchPath of Chicago specializes in connecting our clients and partners with top-performing talent who can make an immediate impact on your bottom line. From local businesses to global firms, our executive search & recruitment teams specialize in finding the most experienced candidates to ensure your business gets the right hire the first time. Our extensive network and expertise allow us to locate identify, attract, and deliver professionals with the skills necessary to achieve your business goals.
Matching the RIGHT People with the RIGHT Positions at the RIGHT Companies
Years in Business
Candidates Placed at Start-ups – Fortune 100
Client Companies Partnered With
Industries We Recruit For
Need Help Finding Talent For Your Team/ Organization?
SearchPath of Chicago’s executive recruiting experts can help!
Our dedication and expertise in serving only a handful of niche industries gives us unparalleled insight & knowledge into the talent and hiring trends in those industries; making us one of the top executive recruiting firms in the Packaging & Plastics, Biofuels & Renewable Energy, Industrial, Food Ingredients, Nutraceuticals & Raw Materials, and Polymers, Pigments & Coatings industries.
What Our Clients Say About Us…
"I’ve had the opportunity to work with Mark as both a hiring manager and a candidate. My experience on both sides was very much the same. Mark is a trusted career consultant who sees the bigger picture, takes the longer view, wants the best thing for both parties. He has vast experience in matching candidates to role and has a wealth of knowledge to tap in any instance. It is a pleasure to work with someone who values integrity, balances what’s right and is an optimist."
Mark Manka, Director of Financial Planning & AnalysisSociety of Anesthesiologists
"I recently worked with Chris on a high level search. He was very thorough in understanding our company culture as well as the qualifications our team needed. He produced many of exceptional candidates. Chris was easy to work with throughout the process. I would certainly recommend Chris for your hiring needs."
Elena Puerner, HR ManagerSchoeller Arca Systems
"I recently worked with Chris on two successful candidate searches. He was very thorough in understanding the qualifications we wanted for each position and produced a number of good candidates that met those qualifications. Chris was great to work with throughout the process. I would certainly recommend Chris for your talent acquisition needs."
John England, National Sales ManagerSignode Packaging
"Chris is an effective recruiter because he spends a great deal of time listening to the needs of the role and seems to have a lot of solid contacts in the industry Get More Information. He follow ups well and is focused on making the right fit."
Jill Russell, VP of SalesOlam International
"I have had the great pleasure of meeting and developing a working relationship with Chris Hillman of Search Path of Chicago. Chris is an outstanding individual with extensive knowledge and an excellent reputation in the Ethanol Industry. Chris is a very honest person and is extremely passionate about his career. Chris takes immense pride in his wide and vast knowledge in the entire Ethanol Industry. His knowledge and skills are amazing and are very helpful to our company as well as to other people in the Ethanol Industry. Chris is very fair and loyal in his actions. He is constantly using his renewed skills and knowledge to achieve better results to bring excellent candidates. It’s a great honor to know and be associated with Chris Hillman of SearchPath of Chicago."
Alex Shifman, Marketing DirectorCTE Global, Inc.
"SearchPath has given our business a competitive advantage by providing us with the personnel that have the abilities and experience to make the difference."
Tom Trauscht, VP of Sales & MarketingIvex Protective Packaging, Inc.
"In the past, I’ve had a number of job positions that called for unusual blends of skill sets that I have had difficulty filling through traditional means. Patrick has come through on multiple occasions with strong candidates whom I have hired and they have had successful careers. Patrick takes the time to understand the position needs thoroughly and finds and screens quality candidates. I strongly recommend Patrick."
Vincent Lanning, R&D Program ManagerHi-Tech Mold
"SearchPath of Chicago has been a partner with my position vacancy searches for 2.5 years as a manager for BSN Medical. In a few short words, my experience has been terrific! Greg Daly has been the go-to person for me and he has been outstanding to work with! He is diligent in his process, he is timely in his responses, he is personable, pleasant and sharp. His response time is second to none and I have had NOTHING but positive interactions with he and the staff at the firm. I would highly recommend Greg for the vacancy needs and will be continuing to use he and SearchPath of Chicago’s services in the years to come!"
"I utilized Greg in my region as a recruiter for more than 36 months. He is highly motivated with a very strong work ethic. He understands what qualifications are needed and has always been able to close selected candidates. Greg has a energy level that guarantees results."
"I recently worked with Chris on several successful searches. He was very thorough in understanding our company culture as well as the qualifications our team needed for each position. He produced many of exceptional candidates that met or exceeded those qualifications. Chris was easy to work with throughout the process. I would certainly recommend Chris for your hiring needs."
Tina Kaveney, Human Resources DirectorAngleboard
"I have worked with Chris for many years in placing several highly qualified candidates within various organizations. He is thorough, ethical and extremely good at delivering the right candidates for the requested roles. I consider him a valuable extension to my HR department!"
Lisa Teeters, Director of Human Resources
"Chris Hillman is a real professional who “walks the walk” when it comes to executive search, particularly in the food ingredient space. Chris came exactly as advertised, with a deep list of contacts relevant to our search for a new CEO. We had a working list of highly qualified candidates in a very short period of time, and Chris helped us to manage the process of winnowing the field down to ‘short list’, and ultimately to the final candidate. All through the effort Chris was always available, responsive to our needs, and with the appropriate level of drive/push. I highly recommend Chris for your next search engagement."
Board Member, Food Ingredients Manufacturer
SearchPath of Chicago News
SearchPath of Chicago, Inc. is 100% open and filling mission critical positions for our client companies.
Recruiting Industry News & Articles
The country has experienced unprecedented changes in 2020 and the new reality is settling in, and yet continues to change. The workforce is a part of that new reality. Companies experienced major layoffs and furloughs due to the economy and even though the future is still unclear, companies are starting to look to the future and what’s next.
How do you rebuild with such uncertainty?
- Revisit your hiring plan and thoroughly analyze and anticipate your short- and long- term hiring needs. What you planned prior to the pandemic is most likely not relevant now – think about filling skills gaps at your organization both for now and later.
- Look at your current recruitment tools and see if they are working effectively. If your company has to run lean, then maybe looking for an executive search partner is the move moving forward rather than doing things internally so your internal teams can focus on operational roles.
- Topgrading – Most of our clients are evaluating their teams and stacking the deck with “A Player” talent.
- Review your company attributes that may not have been a point of focus prior to COVID-19 such as job security. Most people assume that job security is a given however, with the layoffs and furloughs, this will be a point of emphasis post COVID-19 that job seekers may be looking for.
- Expand your pool by potentially looking to hire fully remote employees. With majority of companies operating with all employees under ‘stay at home; orders, it was proof that remote employees can indeed work for some companies. You can expand your options by looking for remote workers for some specific roles that make sense.
- Build your pool of talent now so that you have them for the future. Even if you’re not ready to hire right this minute, building your pool and staying in contact with them will prime the opportunity when you are ready to hire. FYI: Executive Search Partners already have a pool of candidates that they have been in consistent communication with.
Hiring post COVID-19 may be different than what you’re use to but like everything else, it will become your new normal if you’re prepared accordingly.
For additional information, please email Chris Hillman or call (815) 261-4403 x 100
Once you find the right Executive Search Partner to work with, it’s important to understand how to truly leverage the partnership to get the best results. Agreeing to work with them and immediately handing everything off to them with no partnership will not work. Here are four ways to leverage the partnership to make it worth it:
- Be transparent – During the information sharing process, ensure that you tell them everything about the company and the role – even the icky parts. If they fully understand all obstacles, they can develop a game plan to overcome those and make them a non-issue
- Educate on previous efforts – Be prepared to share what efforts you and your team have already tried. How did you pitch the company and/or role? Where did you advertise the role? Where have you found talent in the past? The more information they know about your past success/failures, the better they can prepare.
- Communication – Be prepared to have constant and timely communication. Feedback in a timely manner is key – don’t wait days to respond, review candidates, information, etc. quickly and give your feedback.
- Use them – You hired them – use them! They are the experts in the field, ask them questions, pick their brains, give them a challenge – it’s what they do. Don’t be shy to utilize their talents.
Just like with any partnership, it takes two. Ensure that you pull your weight so that they can pull their weight and do what you hired them to do. Be prepared, communicate and truly leverage them.
For additional information, please email Chris Hillman or call (815) 261-4403 x 100